Instructional Aide - SPED
SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
P.O. Box 207
San Carlos, AZ 85530
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 20-469
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE
OPEN: 02/07/2020– Until filled
To assist the classroom teacher in providing a well-organized smooth functioning class environment. To tutor individual students and work with small groups in learning centers.
- Pass para-educator’s test prior to employment or have 60 college credit hours prior to hiring; or A.A. Degree.
- Experience in working with Apache students helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated competency in Reading, Language and Math.
- Pass a background check to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance card.
- Must have a Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: TEACHER, PRINCIPAL OR DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL SERVICES
- Assists the classroom teacher in small group instruction.
- Assists the classroom teacher in preparing and conducting appropriate instructional materials.
- Tutors individual students as assigned by the classroom teacher.
- Communicates with the classroom teacher regularly and frequently as to concerns, progress of students, program planning, materials and methods.
- Assists in evaluating student’s progress.
- Participates in all parent-teacher conferences when necessary. Promotes parental involvement, assists in workshops and training for parents.
- Participates in all appropriate staff training.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Teacher/Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Month
SALARY: Placed on Board Approved Instructional Aide Salary Schedule according to education and experience.
Please apply online at sancarlosbraves.org go to Employment, then to Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resource Department Manager at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 1002