Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
POSITION: EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
LOCATION: Platte Canyon School District and Clear Creek School District (Mt. Evans BOCES)
SCHEDULE: 2020-2021 School Year - Part Time - .5 FTE - 20 hours/week
SALARY: Initial placement on salary schedule is based upon highest degree earned, college credits earned after highest degree earned.
Annual pay is divided equally by 12 months and paid monthly on the last business day of the month.
BENEFITS: Eligible for PERA Retirement Plan
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- High ethical standards
- First Aid and CPR Certificate or ability to obtain one.
- Act as case manager to support student outcomes based on identified services needed for preschool students with special needs ages.
- Provide direct special education services per IEP.
- Collaborate with general education teachers and paraprofessionals to tailor educational levels, behavior needs, developmental delays and student abilities.
- Conduct community screenings, intakes, referrals, and coordinate multidisciplinary assessments for children 0-5 using established standards for Early Intervention within Part C of IDEA and in conjunction with outside agencies and families.
- Collaborate with parents and staff to develop effective programming.
- Complete IEP's in a timely fashion.
Apply Online www.plattecanyonschools.org
Platte Canyon School District
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer