8th Grade Language Arts Teacher
Elizabeth Middle School 8th Grade Language Arts Teacher
Salary Range = $34,002 - $53,438 DOE
Responsible for leading students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation in reading, literacy and grammar.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
3. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation (e.g. lesson plans) upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
6. Refers students to appropriate District specialists in order to assess academic, behavioral and physical concerns.
7. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional standards and assesses student progress on a regular basis.
8. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
9. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
10. Maintains acceptable standards of classroom behavior;
assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
11. Attends and participates in faculty meetings
12. Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementation of instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
13. Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Accepts a share of responsibility of extra-curricular activities in areas qualified as assigned.
15. Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students; makes appropriate provisions for being available outside the instructional day.
16. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with principals, evaluates the performance of aides.
17. Provides for one's own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, or advance course work at institutions of higher learning.
18. May assist with and participate in various District and building committees.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
College degree required
Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
Maintains a generally positive attitude
Observes all district policies and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION
License as required by the State of Colorado
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent walking, sitting, standing and reaching
Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, running, and crawling
Frequent lifting from 5 to 15 and moving of equipment.
May supervise and direct the work of teacher assistants and volunteers, assists principal with performance evaluations of aides