JobID 8761 : Family & Consumer Science Teacher (3 Positions Available 2020-2021 SY) (#2020225)
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking 3 individuals to 3 full-time Family & Consumer Science teaching positions.
JOB SUMMARY: The teacher is responsible to the Building Principal for: Planning Instructional lessons that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students; creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; and employing effective instructional techniques.
- Applicants must hold the appropriate Current Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License
- Successful teaching experience (9-12 school level preferred)
- Experience in Fashion Merchandising, Clothing Construction, Child Development and Interior Design preferred
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing, prescribing, assessing student learning, and appropriate record keeping
- Knowledge of current teaching techniques, computers and multimedia
- Applicants must be able to structure a classroom to maximize student learning
- Applicants must be able to establish effective communication skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience and willingness to participate in co-curricular program as sponsor, supervisor or coach
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits, including life, health and dental insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) current letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.