JobID 3778 : Deaf Hard of Hearing (D/HH) Teacher - Fall 2020 (#2013081)
Feel good at the end of the day! We're looking for dedicated & compassionate Licensed Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teachers who want to make a difference! Apply now for Fall 2020!
Intermediate District 287 is a west metro school district for unique learners. We serve 11 school districts in the West Metro: Brooklyn Center, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Orono, Osseo, Richfield, Robbinsdale, St. Louis Park, Wayzata, and Westonka. Our healing community works together to achieve racial equity. Our strategic vision includes hiring and retaining racially diverse and racially conscious staff across all levels of our organization. We value diverse perspectives and life experiences.
Intermediate District 287 is looking for qualified Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teachers like you for our open positions with our Itinerant Programs!
- Competitive salary: $42,290 - $86,528 DOE and E
- Generous Benefits
- Accountable for utilizing a variety of alternative/visual presentation modes in order to determine the impact of hearing loss on the student’s skills in the areas of: academic achievement, communication/visual communication (i.e., ASL, Cued English, Scripting), social emotional, self advocacy and compensatory skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Interested in candidates who are: diverse, bilingual, or have experience working in diverse populations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Current teaching license in: Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH) or another subject & willing to get an Out of Field license
If currently not licensed, must be willing and eligible to receive a Tier 1 in DHH.
Commitment to Equity: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
District Web Site: http://www.district287.org/