JobID 174 : Substitute Teacher (#2008088)
Position: Substitute Teacher
The classroom teacher uses effective teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals and affect student learning, while integrating Biblical principles and utilizing a Christian philosophy of education. The classroom teacher is also expected to use effective classroom management in controlling the behavioral discipline of the students
TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
- Demonstrates a mastery of the subject material assigned.
- Uses effective teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals and affect student learning.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, challenging each to do his/her best work.
- Prepares and submits lesson plans and any other classroom materials and documentation as required.
- Complies with all CCA policies and procedures, attends all required meetings, and fulfills all professional development requirements.
- Employs a variety of instructional aides, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching and appeal to a variety of learning styles.
- Prepares weekly assignment sheets/Moodle assignments for the satellite classroom time supervised by parents at home.
- Assesses the learning of students on a regular basis and provide timely feedback.
- Implement a variety of appropriate classroom management techniques to ensure proper discipline in the classroom.
- Helps ensure proper discipline on the school premises and at school events.
- Follows established policies and procedures for dealing with students, parents, administration, and staff.
- Demonstrates support for the role of parents as educational partners and supports them in that task.
- Cooperates with administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Maintains regular and accurate attendance and grade records.
- Keeps students, parents, and the Principal adequately informed of deficiencies and gives sufficient notice of failure.
- Maintains a clean, attractive, well-ordered, and safe classroom.
- Performs adjunct perfunctory duties as required by the Administration and as defined in the teacher contract.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to student information and records.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- B.A./B.S. degree and state or ACSI certification is required. Applicants with a bachelor's or master's degree and extensive experience in the subject being taught will also be considered.
- Maintains an active member of a Christ-centered church, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith.
- Is personally attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of the students and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, other employees, and the public.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Is able to motivate students and parents.
- Is able to handle multiple tasks, energetic, with good organizational skills
- Is able to deal with a variety of adults and children with a range of personalities and/or problems and maintain confidentiality.
- Committed to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Vice Principal