Maintenance Complex - (8 hrs) Maintenance Grounds Keeper (#2004990)
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District in Maintenance for a Groundskeeper. This position is for 8 hours per day, 12 months per year. Duties will include maintain grounds, operate small and large grounds equipment, Weber District employees may send a resume to Cody Barnes. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 3 WORKING DAYS
Purpose Statement: The job of Groundskeeper was established for the purpose/s of maintaining attractive grounds area/s; protecting against erosion; maintaining grounds for assemblies and/or recreational activities (e.g. track, football, graduation, etc.); and ensuring assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner. This job reports to Grounds Foreman
Essential Functions: • Assists with snow removal (e.g. shovels, operates snow blower and/or snowplow) for the purpose of ensuring a safe environment.
• Cleans landscaped areas and related items (e.g. storm drains, litter, etc.) for the purpose of preventing flooding and removing hazards.
• Evaluates landscaped areas, equipment, sprinkler systems and grounds (e.g. fields, parking areas, etc.) for the purpose of identifying repairs and/or replacement needs, maintain schedules and preventing erosion.
• Maintains vehicles and/or equipment (e.g. servicing, sharpening, rebuilding, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that they are clean, serviced and in proper working order.
• Operates heavy equipment (e.g. mower, backhoe, aerator, tractor, grader, etc.) for the purpose of preparing and/or maintaining district grounds.
• Plants various landscaping materials (e.g. lawns, shrubbery, flowers, etc.) for the purpose of keeping the areas attractive and for protection against erosion.
• Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
• Prepares fertilizers and other grounds care chemicals (e.g. measuring, mixing, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper chemical ratios for grounds treatments.
• Prepares grounds and athletic fields (e.g. assemblies, graduation, ball fields, courtyards, flower beds, etc.) for the purpose of providing adequate, attractive and safe areas for assemblies, athletic events and/or recreational activities.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
Other Functions • Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities. Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Must be able to operate equipment used in grounds keeping (e.g. tractor lawnmower, blade sharpening machines, reel and bed sharpeners, snowplow, hand tools, etc.); adhering to safety practices; and handling hazardous materials.
Must have knowledge of methods of industrial cleaning; safety practices and procedures; operation and maintenance of grounds equipment and vehicles; and health standards and hazards. Must be able to adapt to changing work priorities; meeting deadlines and schedules; being attentive to detail; and displaying mechanical aptitude.
Experience: Job related experience (3 years) with increasing levels of responsibility is required. Education: Targeted job related education that meets organization's prerequisite requirements. CDL license is desired with a background operating and maintaining equipment such as turf mowers, tractors, snowplows, large trucks, and small grounds equipment.