NGMS/WGMS-Title I Reading Coach (#2004323)
TITLE: Title I Reading Coach
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. 2.
3. Master’s Degree Preferred Valid Tennessee teaching license with elementary endorsement; additional endorsement as reading specialist preferred. Ability to work with and communicate with classroom teachers for planning and implementing an effective reading program
REPORTS: Principal and Supervisor of Title I Program
JOB GOAL: To promote excellence in reading instruction by working with teachers to implement effective classroom teaching strategies and to model these strategies with students in the classroom.
1. Participates in data committee to analyze school-wide data annually to determine individual and group strengths and weaknesses
2. Uses objective data to assist teachers in determining reading instructional objectives
3. Provides individualized and/or embedded classroom support to teachers and models best teaching practices
4. Provides teacher training and follow up coaching sessions in the use of a variety of reading instructional techniques and appropriate use of technology and other media
5. Works with teachers in collaboration planning by grade levels and across grade levels.
6. Shares information about reading research and knowledge gained through professional literature and professional learning communities.
7. Maintains records as required by the system school or program
8. Attends training and staff development activities as required by the administration
9. Plans and conducts professional learning activities in the area of reading
10. Complies with all Federal, State and local rules and regulations
11. Promotes parent involvement in school activities
12. Works with non tenured teachers in planning and using appropriate reading strategies to meet students learning style
13. Encourages independent reading and supports the programs of the school
14. Participates in parent conferences and offers suggestions to parents
15. Serves as an active member of district and school literacy teams
16. Evaluates and makes recommendations for digital and printed reading materials
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands This job may require lifting or carrying of objects that exceed fifteen to twenty-five pounds. Other physical demands that may be required are as follows:
1. Stooping and/or kneeling 2. Reaching 3. Talking 4. Hearing 5. Seeing
Temperament (personal traits)
1. Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure 2. Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control, or planning of an activity 3. Adaptability to dealing with people beyond giving and receiving instruction 4. Adaptability to making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria 5. Adaptability to change 6. Adaptability to dealing with people 7. Ability to work in different locations 8. Ability to adapt to a changing work schedule and to prioritize tasks according to urgency and importance
Capacity and Ability Requirements Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to learn or perform adequately a task or job duty.
1. Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principles; ability to reason and make judgments 2. Verbal: Ability to understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them, and to use them effectively 3. Numerical: Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately 4. Data Perception: Ability to understand and interpret information presented in the form of charts, graphs, or tables
Work Conditions Normal working environment
General Requirements The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten, eleven, or twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board and Career Ladder status.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.