JV Baseball Coach
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Job Title: JV Baseball CoachWork Location: Middlesex High School
Immediate Supervisor: Athletic Director
Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision and coaching the baseball program at the level of a public high school. The position is responsible for approximately 40 players, with teams at the junior varsity level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide instruction in all phases of the game of baseball.
- Provide leadership for the baseball players and assistant coach.
- Communicate effectively with the team, staff, parents, administration, community and the media.
- Work with the Athletic Director to maintain the baseball fields and facilities.
- Handle financial items for the baseball program, including the inventory and purchase of equipment and the collection of fees.
- Participate in athletic department fund-raisers.
- Complete all necessary forms, including VHSL required master eligibility forms.
- Organize and maintain proper records, including VHSL physical forms, insurance information and team statistics and information.
- Be knowledgeable of and maintain compliance of Middlesex City Public Schools and Virginia High School League rules, regulations, and policies that pertain to athletic programs.
- Be knowledgeable of, monitor, and maintain compliance of applicable health and safety practices.
- Monitors academic progress of student athletes.
Keeps accurate inventory of uniforms, equipment and supplies. Works with the Athletic Director to prepare required Virginia High School League eligibility lists.
Works with school administration, Athletic Director, parents and media.
Works under supervision of Athletic Director and school principal.
Supervision:Supervises students and athletes participating in the program.
High level of independent decision making is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of baseball.
- Knowledge and understanding of athletic rules, procedures and policies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education and experience should demonstrate ability to perform essential job functions.
Middlesex County Schools
Cooks Corner Office Complex, 2911 General Puller Highway, Saluda, VA 23149-0205
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801