Varsity Football Coach
JOB TITLE: Varsity Football Coach
Grade Level: 9th-12th
Work Location: Middlesex High School
Immediate Supervisor: Athletic Director
Terms of Employment:
Length of contract/work assignment.
Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision and coaching the football program at the level of a public high school. The position is responsible for over players, with teams at the junior varsity and varsity level. Directing, coordinating and supervision of staff of approximately assistants is a priority.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide instruction in all phases of the game of football.
- Provide leadership for the football staff and players.
- Communicate effectively with the team, staff, parents, administration, community and the media.
- Work with the Athletic Director to maintain the football fields and facilities.
- Handle financial items for the football program, including the inventory and purchase of equipment and the collection of fees.
- Participate in athletic department fund-raisers.
- Complete all necessary forms, including VHSL required master eligibility forms.
- Organize and maintain proper records, including VHSL physical forms, insurance information and team statistics and information.
- Be knowledgeable of and maintain compliance of Middlesex County Public Schools and Virginia High School League rules, regulations, and policies that pertain to athletic programs.
- Be knowledgeable of, monitor, and maintain compliance of applicable health and safety practices.
- Monitors academic progress of student athletes.
Purchases, monitors, inventories equipment and supplies approved by Athletic Director. Supervision for approved fund raising activities for their program.
Keeps accurate inventory of uniforms, equipment and supplies. Works with Athletic Director to prepare required Virginia High School League eligibility lists.
Field preparation and maintenance equipment.
Contacts:Works with school administration, Athletic Director, parents and media.
Works under supervision of Athletic Director and school principal.
Supervision:Supervises assistant coaches assigned to program. Supervises students and athletes participating in the program.
High level of independent decision making is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects or the game of football.
- Knowledge and understanding of athletic rules, procedures and polices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education and experience should demonstrate ability to perform essential job functions.