JobID 5383 : Instructional Paraprofessional (#1995723)
Check us out! We are hosting our annual Job Fair this April 4th at Riverdale Ridge High School. Mark your calendars and register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1U31yvGqDpBc7_cH6b62SJEnfmg-jUUZZpVRVEZFhotA/edit
DESCRIPTION: Assist classroom teacher with the instruction of individual and small groups of students in all academic areas in inclusive classrooms. Assist with planning and instruction, supervising students, preparing materials, recording student progress, testing students, performing clerical duties, communicating with parents, and administering basic first aid as needed.
SALARY: Classified Grade E, $13.34 to $15.34 per hour, depending on recent relevant experience. 7.5 hours per day, Tuesday through Friday on the 9-month work schedule, paid over 12 months. Eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with planning and instructing individual and small groups of students in all academic areas in inclusive classrooms.
- Supervise and instruct individual and small groups of students without certified teacher present for purposes of tutoring and other activities.
- Supervise students in the lunchroom, on the playground, and during other various student activities to ensure the safety and security of students.
- Prepare various material used in classrooms, including designing, copying, binding etc.
- Assist with student data collection that includes daily student work cum folders, portfolios, report cards, and recording assessment data.
- Administer tests to determine academic skill levels as directed by certified instructors.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- CPR/First Aid certifications preferred.
- Must be able to get along with others, be flexible to change, and willing to work with multiple grade levels and teachers.
- Possess excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with school staff, students and parents.
- Passion and desire to help students improve their literacy skills and other educational skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills helpful.
- No experience working with children or in a classroom required.
- Prefer experience instructing individuals or a small group of students in reading, writing or math.
- Basic math and accounting skills; personal computer, keyboarding and work processing skills.
- Good oral and written communication, English language, interpersonal relations, customer service and public relations; critical thinking an problem solving; and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage confidentiality in all aspects of job, manage multiple priorities, manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, and the ability to diffuse and mange volatile and stressful situations.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO CERTIFIED TEACHER AND BUILDING PRINCIPAL///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ///// School District 27J desires to recruit and retain employees who share our commitment to providing outstanding educational services and opportunities to our diverse student population. The District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. The District complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, related Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veteran's readjustment At of 1974, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, and all civil rights laws of the State of Colorado. Accordingly, equal opportunity of employment shall be extended to all persons and the District shall promote equal opportunity and treatment through fair and equitable hiring practices. The 27J Administration Building is located at 18551 E. 160th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601. ///// Strong bilingual skills, especially in Spanish, are a plus. Experiences working with students from economically diverse backgrounds are sought for many of our positions. All current employees shall be interviewed and considered first. If there are no qualified candidates, then non-employees shall be interviewed and considered.