JobID 687 : Event Assistant (#1995452)
HOURLY RATE: $12.00
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 2.5
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12 MONTHS
JOB CODE: 090727
POSITION TYPE: PERMANENT
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: This is a “per event” position which assists the Athletic Facilities Lead Operator, Stadium and/or Aquatics Operator during routine and special events held at the Veteran’ Memorial Aquatic Center , Five Star Stadium and North Stadium, or during other special district events on or off the district buildings and grounds. This position is responsible for taking admission tickets and/or money, reconciling same, running concession stands and doing pre and post inventory of concession items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sell and issue tickets, receives money, check or credit card payments, gives correct change as appropriate, to paying guests. Checks credentials of non-paying attendees. Provides superior customer service and interactions with staff and guests. Answers guests’ questions and resolves guests’ conflicts and situations or escalates difficult issues to the Aquatics Center/Stadium Operator or responsible administrative staff person. Refers disruptive guests to appropriate administrator.
2. Counts, balances and resolves overages/deficiencies in balancing currency for concession booth. Performs cash register close-outs including register reports and ensuring appropriate monies are placed in bank bag for the next event.
3. Prepares and sells concession items to stadium patrons; counts and prepares pre and post event inventory of concession items. Makes note of any maintenance needed in the concession area. Ensures lead operator or administrator is aware of needed supplies and/or maintenance issues.
4. Perform other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in cash handling and public contact preferred.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.