JobID 4593 : PRE-K TEACHER (#1995437)
Job | Posted 7 days ago
PEORIA PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT 150
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
DEPARTMENT: As per assignment
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Does not apply
- Plan and implement a program of study employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting District goals and objectives.
- Create a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and well being of students under his/her direct supervision.
- Maintain written lesson plans, identifying clear objectives for all lessons, and submit for administrative review as required.
- Evaluate students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Maintain and submit reports and records as required.
- Communicate with students and parents or guardians on a regular basis.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees.
- Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the principal or administrative designee.
In addition to the above responsibilities, teachers are expected to follow the work year as outlined annually by the Board of Education. Currently, teachers are expected to report for 180 working days. Please be aware that the working year (180 days) for teachers is greater than the student contact days.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Valid Illinois State Teaching Certificate with endorsements in their subject area registered with the Peoria County Regional Office of Education.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- None required.
- General school classroom / office environment
- Light lifting
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
School Principal or administrative designee
Teacher salary as per current contract language
*MUST HAVE A VALID ILLINOIS TEACHING CERTIFICATE REGISTERED IN PEORIA COUNTY AND AN LBS1 ENDORSEMENT
*MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL, TB TEST, AND DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING
*MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
*BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, PER THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
PLEASE APPLY @ http://WWW.PSD150.ORG
Peoria School District 150
3202 N Wisconsin Ave, Peoria, IL 61603-1260
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246