PEORIA PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT 150
POSITION TITLE: School Secretary
DEPARTMENT: Primary Schools
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Does not apply
POSITION GOAL: Perform all clerical duties related to the school as assigned by the Principal.
- Handle and relay messages for the Principal.
- Perform all clerical duties including processing payroll reports, memos, letters, and purchase orders.
- Perform all duplicating and distribution of materials including curriculum manuals, booklets, etc.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date files and correspondence.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and distribute accordingly.
- Coordinate meetings for the principal: reserving space, sending out notices, contacting speakers, ordering audio-visual equipment, etc.
- Coordinate Book Adoptions: preparing list and sorting as needed.
- Support the Principal as needed as it relates to Young Authors, send Book It!, and any other projects/areas relating to curriculum.
- Perform such other duties and assume such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Principal.
- Perform duties such as data entry for students, scheduling, attendance, registration, book fees, and reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrated proficiencies with Microsoft Office Tools and office equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Budget management/expenditure monitoring
- Organizational skills
- Must pass 45 wpm typing test
- Spanish speaking/reading and writing skills highly desired.
- Contract language
- Contract language
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
EVALUATION: The principal is the primary evaluator.
SALARY RANGE: lane I of clerical salary scale, consistent with the collective bargaining agreement
* MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL, TB TEST, AND DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING
* MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
* MUST PASS AN EXCEL TEST
* PER THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
PLEASE APPLY @ http://WWW.PSD150.ORG