High School Special Education Paraprofessional 2020-2021
Posted a month ago
- An Associate’s degree or 60 semester hours of coursework documented on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education; or
- Meet a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through the passage of a formal state assessment listed below:
- Para Pro
- ACT Workkeys
- Master Teacher’s Para Educator Learning Net
- Ability to relate well to both children and adults.
- Good written and oral language skills.
- Ability to understand and provide supplement help to students in math and reading.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; computer experience preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal/Classroom Teacher/Special Education Director
JOB GOAL: Under the direction of Special Education and the classroom teacher, provide supplemental support and administer appropriate accommodations and modifications in math, reading, writing and other subjects to identified students in regular classrooms.
- Participates in planning activities/ work assignments for individual students.
- Assists the teacher in carrying out the activities/work assignments for individual students and small groups.
- Follow a lesson plan, chart or guide developed by teacher.
- Assists in preparing the day’s lessons by assembling materials necessary for the daily plan.
- Consults frequently with the teacher about the needs, suggestions, questions, problems and progress of the students.
- Moves around classroom assisting teacher by helping students and answering questions.
- Assists the teacher in evaluating the progress of students.
- Responds appropriately to new ideas, methods and suggestions from teachers.
- Demonstrates professional and flexible attitude/rapport with other staff members.
- Demonstrates appropriate interaction with the students and staff in the classroom.
- Assists teacher in maintaining classroom discipline and control.
- Maintain adequate and legible records concerning student’s work with teacher direction.
- Assigned duties such as recess, crossing guard, etc. as determined by administration and/or teacher.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned.
- Communicates between special education and classroom teacher to ensure student’s individual needs are being met.
- Design and implement accommodations as needed with support of the special education teacher.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established annually.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
FLSA Status: Exempt