JobID 9531 : ESY Health Clerk - 1 Position Elementary & 1 Position Secondary (#1990230)
ESY Health Clerk - 1 Position Elementary & 1 Position Secondary
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified – Secretarial/ Clerical
Reports to: Assistant Director of Special Education
Contract Lengths: (Summer 2020)
Date Posted: January 16, 2020
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 1/23/2020. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successful completion of School Health Clerk Class within one year.
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR (infant, children and adult) current certificate.
- Completes ongoing training and in-services as required or recommended by District personnel.
- Successful completion of State Medication Training for School Aged Children.
The Health Clerk is trained by and works under the direction and license of a professional school Registered Nurse. The health clerk provides health care, basic life support and first aid for students and performs routine clerical and secretarial duties, as well as other duties delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Provides technical physical care to students with special needs, as delegated by school Registered Nurse on the Health Care Plan.
- Responds to assess injuries and illnesses in emergency situations. Follows American Red Cross First Aid and CPR procedures and approved protocols to respond efficiently.
- Notifies parent(s) and School Registered Nurse, when necessary of student illness, or injury.
- Manages and generates revenue for School Medicaid Program by documenting billable services.
- Dispenses medications to students under the delegation of the School Registered Nurse, according to the Colorado Nurse Practice Act.
- Confers with school Registered Nurse regarding student absences for health reasons (communicable or nuisance disease, injury, hospitalization, etc.).
- Generates and maintains accurate and detailed records of clinic activities and individual student health records. The Health Clerk assists the School Registered Nurse in identifying students with significant health concerns by creating and maintaining databases of students. UNDERSTANDS AND RESPECTS THE STRICT CONFINES OF CONFIDENTIALITY.
- Tracks student immunization status and notifies parents of school entry requirement according to state law. Establishes state immunization compliance plans and reports. Cooperates with state officials for annual audits.
- Develops computer forms, reports and other documents as needed for school, district and state reports.
- Utilizes effective human relation skills to achieve positive working relationships with the School Registered Nurse, staff, students and community members.
- Schedules appointments for the School Registered Nurse as needed.
- Follows procedures for reporting suspected child abuse-neglect.
- Understands and follows Universal Precautions at all times in caring for ill and injured students, staff and visitors.
- Organizes and participates in state-mandated, school wide health screening. Provides follow-up for referrals and offers financial assistance and community resources to parents.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and attractive health office. Takes regular inventory of clinic supplies and orders supplies as needed.
- Remains flexible and accepts other duties as assigned.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Demonstrates: Ability to prioritize time and work. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to remain calm in emergency situations. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to assess students, staff and visitors in emergency situations. Ability to perform clerical and computer skills. Ability to work with diverse populations. Ability to think critically. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.