JobID 244 : Facility Manager/ Property Manager (#1989836)
Colorado Early Colleges Mission Statement: All students, regardless of background or skill level, will have the opportunity to pursue a growth mindset that will allow them to achieve mastery and to demonstrate they can succeed in school, in college, and in their chosen career. No exceptions. No excuses.
Facility Manager/Property Manager – Full Time
Facility Manager for this job description refers to maintenance, repair, construction and renovation of the interior and exterior buildings of CEC current buildings at Colorado Early Colleges Parker, Colorado Early Colleges Castle Rock, and Colorado Early Colleges Inverness.
CEC Inverness is currently under renovation for change of use from an office building to a High School and will open as a High School in fall of 2020.
CEC Parker and CEC Castle Rock will undergo minor renovations during the summer of 2020.
CEC Parker and CEC Castle Rock are currently operational. All three schools will be operational if fall of 2020.
Property Manager for this job description refers to managing tenants in any of the CEC Denver schools. Currently, an Educational use tenant is being considered at the CEC inverness school.
A more detailed description of the responsibilities for the Facility Manager/Property Manager follows.
Facility Manager Job Duties
- Work with Head of School (HOS) and Dean of Student Culture to support CSEC school operations; support life safety and security protocols; maintain facilities to be highly functional, clean, and comfortable.
- Oversee maintenance, repair, construction and renovation work; coordinate work from start to finish.
- Generate and manage work orders and service contracts as required. Keep accurate and organized records per CEC standards.
- Track all repair and maintenance work from initial request, work proposal, satisfactory completion, invoice and payment approval.
- Organize fire, elevator, backflow, fire panel, and all other periodic required facility related inspections.
- Order tools, materials, and supplies for facility management. Optimize best value for CEC.
- Perform/oversee minor repairs and maintenance as needed (i.e. sink clogs, replace lightbulbs, assemble furniture, ice melt, shovel snow, install white boards, etc.).
- Order and supervise installation of interior and exterior signage.
- Pick up trash/recycling found on exterior and interior of CEC schools whenever needed.
- Manage custodial services and communicate expectations.
- Support evolution of CEC standard for Facility Maintenance collaboratively with Executive Director of Education and Building Initiatives
Property Management Responsibilities
The property manager is accountable to protect, maintain and enhance the value of commercial real estate assets of CEC in order to maximize CEC's financial return and for the benefit of the tenants and the community. This is accomplished by direction and coordination of the property’s operational activities. This property manager represents CEC to both the tenants and the public.
Property Manager Job Duties
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person. Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet client's expectations.
- Work with occupants to ensure uninterrupted operations and safety
- On assigned properties, act as CEC’s primary coordinator to assure that CEC’s efforts fully meet and exceed contractual property management obligations. Direct the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, tenant build-out, renovations and other routine operations.
- Bid work for tenant improvement, maintenance and service contracts. Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances.
- At all times keep the space in safe and reasonable condition. Evaluate cost savings and efficiencies to CEC for venders, service providers and supplies.
- Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to CEC systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference. Coordinate with Executive Education and Initiatives Director procedures for processing and distributing information. Provide prompt, detailed and accurate general status reports on all properties assigned.
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to CEC and tenant standards.
- Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with all tenants and CEC Executive Leadership Team. Keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management.
- Be familiar with and understand the CEC student handbook and discipline matrix.
- Consistently monitor student expectations related to safety and security.
- Have good organizational, computer, communication and people skills.
- Be able to follow established procedures, policies, and intermittent directions.
- Know how to use basic tools related to facilities and maintenance.
- Results Driven, Accountable, Responsible Decision Making.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties Successfully
- Climb and descend stairs
- Tolerate all kinds of weather (above 20°)
- Lift 40-50 lbs. and be able to carry for short distances
- Able to work on ladders and perform overhead work
Physical Environment in which the duties are typically performed
- Interior and exterior of buildings, roofs and grounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to travel within Colorado to attend occasional conferences and meetings.
- Must travel on occasion to other CEC Network property sites and schools for property management and team/leadership meetings.
- Travel to local stores to purchase and pick up supplies.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent vocational/technical training in construction, property management or related field is preferred.
- Four years of experience in coordinating construction projects and/or coordinating maintenance and repair facilities work is preferred.
- Facility Manager - Property Manager has no supervisory responsibilities.