JobID 848 : Maintenance Professional (#1989544)
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Professional
LOCATION: District Wide
WORK YEAR: 260 Day Employee
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Work hours may be determined by manager and employee.
WORK STATUS: Classified-Essential Personnel, Hourly Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
Responsible for a wide variety of maintenance functions ranging from plumbing, and electrical work to carpet repair. Provides assistance to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Grounds/Maintenance, and custodial personnel. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs and repairs electrical circuitry in a variety of situations, maintains various alarm systems, maintains various electronic equipment.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, maintains water lines and drainage system, repairs sprinkling system and maintains well, controls and irrigation.
- Repairs heating and ventilation systems, performs preventative maintenance.
- Repairs and maintains kitchen equipment.
- Performs carpentry tasks and various fabrication projects.
- Performs as locksmith for the district, including installation and maintenance of doors & hardware, open and repair locked cabinets, desks, filing cabinets, etc. Operational knowledge of key control systems, key cutting, core pinning and general locksmith duties.
- Installs and repairs floor tiles, repairs carpet.
- Operates heavy equipment, Snow plow driver during season.
- Operates and maintains District work vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Three to five years’ experience in similar position
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and equipment/machinery
- Knowledge of Locksmith duties
- Knowledge of blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Experience with a variety of computer programs to include, key system, HVAC and work orders
- Experience and training with hazardous materials
- Specialized classes beyond high school
- General maintenance equipment and machinery
- Heavy equipment operation
- Hand and power tools
- Effective communication
- Bilingual Spanish/English desirable
- Is flexible and adaptable to change
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with supervisors and co-workers
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Observes all district policies and procedures
- Supports the Sheridan School District Strategic Plan
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions required the following physical demands: Frequent lifting 5 to 20 pounds, occasional lifting 20 to over 50 pounds, frequent bending, squatting, standing, reaching, walking, kneeling, crawling, stooping, occasional sitting.
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Noise; dirt and dust; odors and fumes; hazardous materials or situations; temperature extremes; occasionally clean and comfortable.
Must clear online background check and FBI Fingerprint check through Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
Initial salary placement on Class 6 of the Operations and Maintenance Salary Schedule and is $21.44 - $23.75 per hour based upon previous related experience. Highest initial step placement on the salary schedule is step 5.
Please note: This is an at-will position with the Sheridan School District. The annual salary for this position will be determined by number of hours scheduled to work each day and number of days scheduled to work each year. The computed annual salary will be spread out in equal payments over 12 months. Sheridan School District employees are paid once a month on the 1st working day of the month that is not a weekend day or holiday.
Employees who are scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week are eligible to obtain district health benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and supplemental benefits. Positions that qualify for health benefits also qualify for leave which could include vacation and daily leave to be determined by the position and number of days assigned. Sheridan School District No. 2 is a public employer and participates in the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA). All employees are required by state statute to contribute 8.75% of salary on a pre-tax basis to PERA. The District contributes 20.4% in addition to employee contribution.
All interested and qualified applicants must complete an online application at www.ssd2.org. Incomplete applications and resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position will close once the vacancy has been filled.