JobID 240 : Assistant Football Coach (#1989011)
POSITION: ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH -- UINTAH HIGH SCHOOL
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Principal, Athletic Director, and head coach, the assistant coach is to help participating students achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
District Expectations for Assistant Coaches:
- Maintain team organization, discipline, and good relationships with people;
- Help head coach schedule and prepare for practices and games;
- Properly manage and care for equipment and supplies;
- Be responsible for the development of the program;
- Be an example of ethical behavior and moral character;
- Help head coach plan and chaperone any out-of-town games;
- Help head coach take care of insurance, physicals and transportation forms;
- Enforce and follow school athletic policies and by-laws;
- Assist head coach in all matters regarding finance.
- High School Diploma required;
- Successful experience working with secondary students;
- Evidence of coaching experience, training or degree in coaching, experience as a coach or an advisor;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a teaching license.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following:
- A cover letter explaining clearly how you qualify/meet district expectations for the position;
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students,
- Copies of college transcripts (if applicable).
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
Application Deadline: Open until filled