JobID 1125 : Technology Specialist (#1988463)
The Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST. This position is Monday – Friday, and is 262 days per year. Starting pay is based on the Crafts/Trades Salary Schedule, T2 with placement being between Level A-C, depending on experience.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Experience in desktop computer and or network troubleshooting and support or equivalent is preferred.
- Work requires analytical and evaluative skills; determining solutions to technical problems using standards and common practices.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks including LAN/WAN and wireless networks, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and PC hardware and Windows application software is a plus but not necessary.
- Willingness to learn new technology and stay current on technology trends and implementations.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others and to help support staff and students with their technology needs in an ever changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision and work independently.
- Must be highly dependable and responsible in meeting requirements of the position.
- Ability to handle extensive physical activity and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical
- Must meet general classified employee responsibilities established by the District.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities.
- Supporting building student and staff computer systems and other building technology systems / hardware (e.g. phones, printers, scanners, projectors, mobile and wireless devices, etc.); assist in maintaining, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer hardware and software when problems arise; install and configure various software applications. Assisting building tech teachers and staff to assist in integrating technology into the classroom for teaching 21st century skills to students.
- Working closely with other IT staff to assist in planning, implementing, maintaining and supporting technology for the school district.
- Work with staff and students to help them achieve their technology needs and goals.
- Other duties as assigned
A district application must be completed online at www.canoncityschools.org. Inquiries may be made to: Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, or Shaun Kohl, Chief Information Officer, Cañon City Schools, 101 N. 14th St., Cañon City, CO 81212 (719) 276-5700. The positions will remain open until filled. Applications must be complete to be considered. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. However, screening of completed applications will begin on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Nondiscrimination/Equal OpportunityIn compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700