JobID 9516 : ESY Occupational Therapist (#1987688)
ESY Occupational Therapist, District- 6
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Certified
Salary: Per Diem
Reports to: Director of Special Education
Contract Length/ Days: Summer 2020
Date Posted: January 15, 2020
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 01/22/2020. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible)
- Bachelor’s degree
- CDE Special Services License or ability to apply for prior to beginning employment.
- Valid Colorado DORA
- NBCOT registration
- Knowledge of the Colorado Specialized Service Professional Quality Standards
- Must have some experience with the pediatric population.
- Experience working with students with disabilities
- Master's degree
- Successful experience working in an inclusive environment with increasingly diverse communities, emerging bilingual learners, culturally linguistically diverse learners, and students with special needs is desired.
- Any other combination of related education, experience and training.
Ability to supervise adults who are charged with delivering medical/health services. Prefers leadership situations relating to meeting the social, emotional, psychological and academic needs of students. Prefers a work environment where flexibility, ability to deal with conflict, a high tolerance for stress, an ability to quickly internalize information and make informed decisions, and long hours are a part of the assignment. Experience indicating the ability to work closely with adults and students. Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
- Implements and coordinates an individual educational plan (IEP) for students who have been identified by IDEA.
- Promotes the student functional independence or participation within the educational environment by:
- Improving, developing or restoring functions impaired or lost through illness, injury or deprivation.
- Improving ability to perform tasks for independent functioning if functions are impaired or lost.
- Preventing through early intervention, initial or further impairment of loss of function.
- Provides direct and indirect services that follow an established program based upon individual student educational needs.
- Communicates and supervises other team members as well as family/caregivers.
- Provide professional development to staff.
- Maintains, completes and process records and documents required by Weld County School District 6.
- Follows the policies and procedures established by Weld County School District 6.
- Improves professional qualifications and effectiveness by participating in available staff development offered by Weld County School District 6, as well as those offered at the state level.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Some may be required.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.