JobID 490 : School Social Worker (#1985750)
Job | Posted 14 days ago
- Licensed by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable
- Minimum requirement of Master's Degree
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To help students and families resolve personal, emotional, and social problems which interfere with the child’s adjustment to school.
- Performs casework service with individual students to correct those personal, social, or emotional maladjustment’s related to their educational and social progress.
- Performs casework with parents as an integral part of the task of helping students, to increase the parents’ understanding, their constructive participation in resolving their child’s problems, and their knowledge and use of appropriate resources available.
- Consults and collaborates with other school personnel in gathering and giving information on a case, and in establishing and planning for respective roles in the modification of the student’s behavior.
- Supervises the referral of students to, and serves as liaison with, such outside agencies as the Department of Children and Families, Health Department, Juvenile Court, etc., as appropriate.
- Makes home visits for the purpose of gathering helpful information on a student’s background.
- Serves as liaison between home and school when considerable follow-up is necessary.
- Assists students directly toward adjustment to school.
- Keeps sufficient records of cases for use by school staff members and outside agencies when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and length of contract to be established by the board of education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to work with individual students to correct personal, social, or emotional maladjustment’s related to their educational and social progress.
- Ability to work with other school personnel to establish and plan for respective roles in the modification of student behavior
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Very rarely requires physical exertion beyond walking.
- Very rarely requires physical exertion beyond walking or climbing stairs.
- Requires prolonged (over 50% of time) standing and walking.
- Requires prolonged (over 75% of time) standing and walking.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, push heavy* objects or materials.
- Frequently (over 20% of time) requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, or push heavy* objects or materials.
- Frequently (over 33% of time) requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, or push heavy* objects or materials.
- Over 50% of the time requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, or push heavy* objects or materials.
- In addition to items 5, 6, 7, & 8, occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry or push heavy objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds.
- Driving skills and physical ability required to drive vehicle.
- Special physical, agility and reaction time tests required.
- Ability to perform first aid and CPR.
*”Heavy” means not over 50 pounds.
Newton Unified School District 373
308 East First, Newton, KS 67114-3846
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,231 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 11%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 231