JobID 2362 : Teaching Assistant (#1985742)
This special education teacher assistant position works under the overall supervision of the building principal with direct supervision provided by special education teachers in the TIP program. This position is to implement special education or related services for a class and/or to provide direct assistance for a student or students. Duties will vary depending upon the age of students served as well as the nature and severity of the student’s disabilities.
Teaching and Learning
• Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of the IEP liaison, school adjustment counselor and classroom teachers.
• Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans for the students and monitor their progress.
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Work with other professionals, such as speech therapist, guidance, occupational and physical therapists.
• Assist classroom teachers with maintaining student records.
• Support students with emotional or behavior concerns and assist them in developing appropriate social skills.