JobID 489 : 8th Grade Math Teacher (#1985684)
Job | Posted 14 days ago
Chisholm Middle School is a GEMINI 1 School in the Kansas Can Redesign Project.Our Vision Chisholm Middle School creates a culture of learning in which all students experience rigor and relevance by engaging, exploring, growing, and serving their world.
- Licensed in the State of Kansas
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear outcomes for all lessons, units, projects, etc., to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and outcomes.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
Newton Unified School District 373
308 East First, Newton, KS 67114-3846
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,231 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 11%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 231