JobID 586 : IT Coordinator/STEM Teacher (#1985610)
IT Coordinator/STEM Teacher
Under the general supervision of the School Director, teaching the principles of computers to students of different ages and at different levels.
Essential Performance Responsibilities• Creates lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the students in the class.• Evaluates student performances in class and on tests and provides feedback.• Assigns special projects to students.• Communicates students’ progress to parents, particularly regarding students who need tutoring or other extra assistance.• Provides appropriate resources and learning materials for students.• Identifies varying teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently.• Develops and updates curriculum for the classroom.• Conducts research.• Encourages creativity in students.• Maintains computer laboratories and keeps an inventory of supplies.• Ensures that computer equipment is functioning properly.• Maintains accurate records of students’ progress in class and on examinations.• Keeps order in the classroom and handles student behavior issues in accordance with school system policies.• Maintains an orderly classroom stocked with appropriate supplies.• Stays up-to-date on changes and advancements in computer technology taught in the classroom.• Runs the classroom within the allocated budget.• Keeps all classroom work backed up.• Ensures that the internet in the classroom is used only for appropriate educational purposes.• Posts grades and sends grade reports to parents as required by the school system.
Additional Duties:Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Equipment:Uses personal computers, servers, switches, scanners and printers, and related equipment.
Travel Requirements:*Travel to school district for meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have exceptional computer skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies.
- Must have excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Have superior dexterity for keyboarding and operating a mouse.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good social networking skills.
- Must have understanding of computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, hard drives and file storage.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Must be detail oriented and mechanically inclined.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
- NJ State Certification Teacher of Computer Science Technology or Teacher of Mathematics.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.