JobID 1157 : Cook Helper (#1985181)
Job | Posted 8 days ago
This is a 3.25 hour Cook Helper position available at Cahill Court (Simley High School).
- High school diploma or a state approved equivalent.
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in organizational skills.
- Capable of working cooperatively and congenially with other employees and supervisors.
- Understanding of and ability to act as a confidential employee regarding staff and students
- Must become proficient in operation of computer and all record keeping and procedures of PCS meal account system.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations.
- Ability to multi-task in an organized, timely manner.
- Ability to anticipate the work that needs to be done and respond to change quickly.
- Perform cook helper duties of set up in serving area, serving and preparing food items as needed.
- Perform cook helper duties of replenishing and cleaning serving lines.
- Perform cook helper dish duties in the dishroom.
- Assist in preparation of breakfast and/or lunch menu items.
- Assist in serving student breakfast, lunch and/or a la carte items.
- Assist in proper cleaning procedures to ensure that federal, state and local safety and sanitation and HACCP regulations are followed.
- Perform as cashier for POS point of service during lunch service and monitor for reimbursable meals.
- Assist in storage, handling, organization and rotation of items in the storeroom, cooler and freezer, including lifting items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Attend educational classes, in-services and/or workshops as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by Cook Manager, Food Service Director or the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee.
This position pays at least $19.21 per hour.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
Inver Grove Heights Schools
2990 80TH ST E, INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, MN 55076-3235
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200