JobID 448 : Substitute - Teacher 055464 (#1985065)
Description: Classroom Substitute Teacher
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
1. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
2. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
3. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
4. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
1. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
2. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
3. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
4. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
1. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
2. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
3. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
1. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
2. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
Requirements to be a Substitute in LISD:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 24 hours college credit.
- Official College Transcript
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.