JobID 2280 : Early Education Teacher (#1985053)
Job | Posted 14 days ago
- Early Childhood Teacher Certification; or
- Early Childhood Special Education Certification; or
- A four year degree in child development or related field; or
- Associates degree with 30 hours in Early Childhood or related coursework
- Must lift, carry, and hold children up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stoop, crawl, kneel, and bend in order to speak to children at the child’s eye level, to play with children, and to pick up toys and equipment from the floor
- Two or more years of experience in teaching children in the early education field preferred
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Principal and Early Education Coordinator
To effectively supervise, plan, coordinate, and direct instruction in the preschool classroom.
- Provide a nurturing and appropriate learning environment for children in the early education program
- Maintain orderly physical environment conducive to optimal growth and development of children
- Responsible for providing instructional direction using approved curriculum, lesson planning, documentation, and goal setting for children in the classroom
- Responsible for becoming knowledgeable in utilizing technology to support instruction
- Responsible for lesson plans and providing developmentally appropriate experiences that encourage diversity and recognize individual differences, regardless of special abilities, talents, ethnic heritage, culture, or language
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with support staff and key building personnel
- Maintain visual and auditory awareness of children at all times to ensure their safety in the classroom and on the playground
- Know and use appropriate, positive guidance and discipline techniques throughout daily routines and as children transition from one activity to another
- Organize and implement authentic, on-going student assessment, to include anecdotal notes, running records, checklists, portfolio items, etc.
- Make a minimum of two home visits and two parent conferences per year
- Complete required paperwork and maintain in an organized fashion
- Follow State of Missouri licensing to safeguard the health and safety of children in the program
- Participate in making and following a professional development plan to be updated annually
- Follow district policies and procedures
- Maintain client confidentiality according to established policy
- Attend all required meetings, including designated evening meetings
- Submit an initial physical examination upon hire and then every two (2) years following
- Submit an initial tuberculin screening upon hire
- Complete CPR training
- Have the ability to be flexible in working alternative hours on nontraditional program days
- Complete other duties as defined and assigned
Terms of Employment:
The Early Education Teacher will be employed for a ten (10) or twelve (12) month position. The salary and the work year will be established annually by the Board of Education.
Post offer employment medical physical exam and essential functions test (EFT) required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors with minimal temperature variations and under conditions with risk of injury and/or illness. The employee may also occasionally work with cleaning chemicals. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally can be loud. Generally the job requires 5 % sitting, 50% standing, and 45% walking.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to bend at the neck.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, reach, bend, crouch or crawl, squat, stoop, and kneel.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry and/or hold, push, or move up to 50 pounds.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Principal using the Early Education Teacher Evaluation
Independence School District 30
201 NORTH FOREST AVENUE, INDEPENDENCE, MO 64050-2513
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,368 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.59
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 227