JobID 16145 : Lab Support (#1984950)
Position: Westwood Virtual Lab Support
Location: Westwood Virtual Academy
Reports To: Director of Westwood Virtual Academy
Date: January 13, 2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Program Description: Westwood Virtual Academy offers an innovative approach to education; we offer a fully online environment with access to one-on-one assistance from state certified teachers. Through our program, students have the opportunity to earn their high school diploma by completing Michigan’s core graduation requirement of 18 credits.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Able to assist students with the Michigan Merit curriculum standards and the Common Core State Standards for English, Math, along with the CCSS Literacy standards for History and Social Studies.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Internet use.
- Enjoys working with teenagers and aware of their interests and enthusiasm resulting in effective communication.
- Capable of communicating with students in an informal and friendly way.
- Experience in test coordination
- Knowledge of MISTAR and Apex
- Possess high expectations of students
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Others duties may be assigned
- Assist with test administration
- Attends training and meetings as required
- Provides guidance and instruction for students experiencing academic difficulty
- Serve as an advocate for the program and district
- Collaborates with subject teachers and other mentors as needed
- Communicate with parents, teaches, and administrators on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate advising services for students
- Manage time effectively to provide services to all students
- Maintains confidentiality at all times in accordance with the districts Confidentiality Policy
- Monitor students’ progress, identify concerns, and take appropriate action to increase student success
- Take an active part in the Westwood Virtual Academy on-line learning community
- Other duties as may be assigned or required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee for this position is regularly required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts.The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work out of other people.Specific vision abilities required by this mob include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to focus.The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
Terms and Conditions of Employment:
Full-time, 10 month assignment
How to Apply:
Apply online at: https://www.westwoodschools.net/apps/pages/ and click the “Job Opportunities” tab.
The Westwood Community School District is an equal opportunity employer. The Westwood Community School District Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or ancestry, age, sex (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, marital or family status, military status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected Classes”), in its programs and activities, including educational opportunities.