JobID 347 : Resource Room - Special Education - long-term substitute (#1984868)
Job Posting: Long-Term Substitute
Special Education Teacher
Turkey Hill School
The Orange Board of Education is looking for a highly qualified special education teacher to work as a long-term substitute in a resource room setting. The successful candidate will have:
- expertise in instruction using the CT Frameworks and developmentally-appropriate materials and activities;
- skills in curriculum delivery, modifications and accommodations, language support, behavioral interventions for students with ASD and other disabilities;
- ability to facilitate interaction between special needs and typical peers;
- supervision of paraprofessionals;
- strong cooperative skills with support staff and parents.
Term: February 2020 – potentially to the end of the school year (terms to be discussed)
No phone calls accepted. To apply, please visit our website, www.oess.org
It is the Board of Education’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and that qualified applicants for employment will be recruited, hired, and assigned on the basis of merit, without regard to race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The employment policies and practices of the Board are to ensure that all qualified employees are treated equally with no discrimination in employment, compensation, opportunities for advancement (including promotions and transfers), training, and discipline based on race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability or veteran status or any other protected basis.