JobID 225 : Paraeducator Substitute - Temporary Leave Replacement (#1984804)
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday per the 2019-20 district calendar
PAY: $17.16 per hour
LENGTH OF POSITION: Expected until January 31st
Under the direction and supervision of building principal, the Paraeducator performs tasks related to the monitoring and supervising of students on campus during school hours. A desire and ability to work with students is essential in this position.
- Maintain safety of students and act as a positive role model.
- Work with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
- Know and follow health, safety, and emergency procedures of the district.
- Communicate successfully with staff, students, and parents.
- Demonstrate professionalism through punctuality and minimal absences.
- Promote and practice professional growth and development.
- Practice ethical and professional standards of conduct, including the requirements of confidentiality.
- Assist professional staff in the administration and correction of classroom exercises, tests and assessments.
- Assist in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assist with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Assist students in non-instructional areas such as: supervising the student lunches, bus duty, playground duty, corridor, study hall, and other related non-instructional areas.
- Construct, copy, and distribute and use educational materials as needed.
- Assist students with special needs in all aspects of classroom instruction to maximize inclusion, learning, achievement if IEP objectives, etc.
- Follow all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees, and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to pass Federal and State background check
- Have completed one of the following requirements:
(2) ETS ParaPro Assessment with a passing score of 461 (this can be taken at ESD 112), or
(3) Completed an Apprenticeship Program.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt