JobID 5360 : Night Custodian (#1984788)
DESCRIPTION: Maintain cleanliness of school building during the night custodial shift and ensure a safe and pleasant learning environment for students, staff, and the public. Lock building at night and ensure building security.
SALARY: Classified Grade E, $13.34 – $15.34 per hour based on previous job experience. 40 hours per week, approximately 2:00 pm - 11:00pm, Monday through Friday on the12 month work schedule. Position eligible for benefits.
- Vacuum and sweep designated areas.
- Clean, sanitize, and disinfect bathrooms.
- Dust mop and wet mop assigned areas.
- Clean and dust furniture, desk tops, computer, chalkboards, white boards, trays, work surfaces, windows both inside and out, blinds, etc. in designated areas.
- Remove and dispense of trash from all trash receptacles.
- Clean and disinfect lunchroom tables.
- Monitor hallways and lunchroom to identify cleaning needs or hazards daily. Report unsafe behavior in hallways.
- Lock doors, ensure security of facility, check for vandalism, and report any problems or required repair work to immediate supervisor. Notify Facilities Department for any emergency after hours.
- Replace light bulbs, paint, or repair facilities such as bathroom stalls, gym walls, desks, pencil sharpeners, and other equipment as required.
- Shovel snow and spread ice melt on walkways and parking lots as required to ensure safety of student, staff, and visotirs
- Set up furniture as needed for special events and secure building after event.
- Perform major cleaning responsibilities such as stripping and finishing floors and shampooing carpets as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Interpersonal and basic communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic cleaning methods and procedures and cleaning equipment.
- Operating knowledge of floor scrubber/water extractor, carpet shampooer, waxer, and hand tools required within 6 months after hire.
- BOCES Safety Training Certificate required within 2 months after hire.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO BUILDING PRINCIPAL ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////SCHOOL DISTRICT 27J NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.