JobID 5413 : Special Education Paraprofessional - Gen Ed (#1984734)
Job | Posted 9 days ago
**NOTE: SPED Paraprofessional positions and locations are tentative and subject to the program needs and/or available funding.
|Job Title: Paraprofessional, Special Education Gen Ed.||Assigned by Special Education Coordinator|
|Pay Program: Support Staff||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt|
|Reports to: Building Leader/Significant Support Needs (SSN) Teacher|| Pay Range: Grade 6
RANGE STARTS AT: $14.01/HOUR
|Prepared/Revised Date: Jan 2013 / Feb 2018||Work Year: 173 days/7 hours|
SUMMARY: This position will assist and support the special education teacher, general education teacher, or related service providers who educate students with significant physical or impairment disabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks Descriptions
- High school diploma or equivalent required and*;
- 48 credit hours in early-childhood education, education, or healthcare required for hire, or;
- Successful passing of the Work Keys Assessments testing;
- Minimum two years of experience working with students; preference given for prior school district experience;
- Bilingual oral and written skills, English/Spanish, are desirable;
- *Acceptable demonstration of education and/or experience is at the sole discretion of the district.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Colorado driver’s license or other form of identification required;
- Successful passing of criminal background check required for hire;
- Small Vehicle Permit preferred;
- Physical Management Certification (i.e. QBS, CPI, etc.) or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire;
- CPR, Frist Aid preferred or receive within six months of employment;
- Attend and successfully complete all staff development training as required by state law or as directed by supervisor.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Well-developed oral communication and phone etiquette skills in English;
- Well-developed customer service, public relations, and interpersonal relationship building skills;
- Strong ability to use de-escalation techniques and to defuse stressful and possibly volatile situations;
- Strong professional written-communication and group presentation skills;
- Strong working knowledge of laws and statutes as outlined in the:
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA, 2015),
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA, 1996);
- Strong ability to apply basic math skills and calculations with a high-degree of accuracy;
- Ability to apply and explain the application of Human Resources’ policies regarding employment including benefits;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job, especially as related to personal issues;
- Ability to work independently as needed with minimal direction and/or supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and frequent interruptions in a timely manner;
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, building and department procedures;
- Ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds;
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment, and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals;
- Operating knowledge of and experience with office software such as word processing and spreadsheets;
- Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.
Mesa County Valley School District No. 51
2115 GRAND AVENUE, GRAND JUNCTION, CO 81501-8063
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415