JobID 13305 : Construction Services Project Engineer (#1984730)
WORK YEAR: Full-time; 260 days; 8 hours per day; Work hours 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Construction Services
CLASSIFICATION: Off-schedule, exempt; C-4-3
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. A Human Resources Staffing Specialist will respond to your email within two business days.
- Management of District construction projects related to the Long Term Facility Maintenance program (LTFM)
- Supervises architects, engineers and all contractors involved in LTFM projects.
- Attend LTFM project meetings and visit construction sites as District representative.
- Reviews pricing requests (PR) and requests for information (RFI) for LTFM projects.
- Assists in the development of the District 10 year LTFM plan. To include data collection on condition of facilities.
- Manages the Facilities work order system.
- Manages the daily operation and maintenance of the districts PIC System
- Manages records of construction permits, building plans and building assessments.
- Review project plans for ADA compliance and design ADA compliance sign standards.
- Assists in the development and maintains building capacity and use reports for all sites.
- Assist site administration maintaining site evacuation routes and take cover maps as requested.
- Maintains scanned database of construction plans, specifications and other related documents.
- Assists architects and engineers in obtaining plans, specifications and shop drawing.
- Provide support to architects, engineers, contractors and vendors with access to District sites and to provide assistance to them while they are visiting sites.
- Supports the Coordinator of Construction Services in management of capital projects as requested.
- Assists in the managing the Revit database of District buildings.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Coordinator of Construction Services, Assistant Coordinator of Construction Services or Executive Director of Operations
- Reports directly to the Coordinator of Construction Services
- Perform frequent on-site visual project review. Ensure compliance with standards, regulation, safety policies, constructions schedule, and construction quality and specification requirements
- Take responsibility for change and suggest innovative ideas to assist in problem-solving process and gain necessary approvals.
- Schedule and direct work to Contractors for LTFM construction related projects.
- Degree in any field or Experience in construction related fields.
- Two year degree or certificate from a college or vocational institutes or at least 2 years’ experience in a related construction field.
- Strong understanding of State and Local building codes, Americans with Disability Act codes and OSHA requirements for construction sites.
- Valid Driver’s license and insurable with District insurance company.
- Construction related certifications and trainings are highly desirable.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Background in Revit software program preferred but not necessary
- Ability to communicate ideas and directive in a clear and effective manner both verbally and in writing
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential employee material.
- Must be available during emergencies after normal work hours.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines for multiple projects.
- Ability to identify and resolve quality and construction issues
- Ability to lead a team/construction project.
- Stooping, bending and occasional awkward positions. Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in moderately hazardous environments inside and outside sites.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions:
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools is one of the three top employers in Rochester, Minnesota with over 3000 employees.
Of those employees, approximately 1,500 are teachers and 700 are paraprofessionals.
Rochester is the seventh largest district in Minnesota with 18,200 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties.
The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent.
Rochester, Minnesota has an estimated population of 116,000+ and was voted by Money Magazine in 2019 as one of top 100 "Best Places to Live in America".
Rochester is home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic which draws residents and visitors from around the world.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.