JobID 210 : (.5) Paraprofessional - Pre K/ Early Childhood for SY 19-20 (#1984641)
.5 Paraprofessional Pre K/ Early Childhood for SY 19-20
A Paraprofessional is needed at Early Childhood.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid IL Para License, Substitute License, or PEL.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month school year; salary and work hours established by the Board of Education agreement with Grayslake PSRP Council, a Council of the Lake County Federation of PSRP, Local 504, IFT-AFT, AFL-CIO.
JOB GOAL: To assist group and individual pupils within the educational setting.
- Ability to respond in the best interests of the pupils in an emergency situation
- Working knowledge of school functions and procedures
- Working knowledge of classroom curriculum.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and appropriate judgment to meet all student needs
- Ability to plan and organize work and projects independently
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to clearly communicate (oral and written) with pupils and co-workers
- Ability to establish and maintain positive pupil, co-worker, and public relationships
- Ability to work collegially within a team environment
- Facilitate pupil participation of all education and/or extra curricular programs/activities
- Administer and/or score non-confidential classroom exams and/or exercises
- Implement curriculum adaptations and specified accommodations for students with various and/or multiple disabilities
- Assist the teacher in all aspects of student and/or teacher classroom preparation
- Assist in the supervision of academic and nonacademic field trip activities
- As a member, participate in building based education team meetings
- Contribute to the development and implementation of weekly curriculum and adaptations for all students
- Facilitate lunch/recess supervision of students as assigned
- Program Assistants who are Sub certified may be requested to serve as an internal substitute on an as needed basis
- Perform other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher and/or administration