JobID 1242 : Special Education Paraprofessional - Tier I (#1984503)
Job | Posted 14 days ago
The Toms River Regional Board of Education anticipates openings for the following position:
Paraprofessional - Tier 1
The paraprofessional works within the context of the classroom teacher’s lesson plans and daily structure, guiding and supporting the student(s)’ participation in classroom activities as needed.
- Facilitates the implementation of academic instructional programs, class work and assessments for students.
- Interacts daily with students and staff to conduct attendance and program tracking and reports.
- Maintains positive classroom environment and monitors student behavior to keep them on task.
- Maintains program instructional materials for students
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families.
- Physical care such as assistance with mobility, feeding, and/or toileting
High school diploma and knowledge of computer software required.
Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
2 years or 30 hrs of college experience preferred.
Must have experience with severly disabled, academically challenged and behaviorally disruptive children
All candidates (internal and external) must apply online.
Toms River Regional School District
1144 Hooper Avenue, Toms River, NJ 08753
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345