JobID 3212 : Special Education Paraeducator (#1984496)
Position Summary: To assist teachers in the classroom with daily instructional and noninstructional activities. This position will primarily assist special education students in the Educational Day Program at Agassiz.
Essential Duties: (other duties as assigned)
- Demonstrates patience in the face of challenging behaviors.
- Loads/unloads wheelchair bound students on bus, and/or waits with students for transportation.
- Helps to implement IEPs and behavior modification programs; implement programs (academic, social skills, behavioral, etc. as prescribed by the case manager.
- Participates in physical activities, which are a part of the students' basic program; instructs and demonstrates use of exercise equipment and production machinery.
- Data collections
- Assists with addressing health and safety needs of students.
- Be flexible in schedule and activities throughout the day.
- Demonstrates understanding of student’s areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity with students and their program.
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
- Follows school and district policies; participates in all mandatory training or training appropriate to the position as required by the district.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- High interest in serving students with complex needs or behaviors.
- Proficient communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Able to problem solve and maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Prepared to work 1:1 with students and in small groups as needed.
- Prepared to assist students indoors and outdoors as needed.
- Associates degree in Education, Child Development, Psychology, or a similar field preferred.
- Previous experience working with children in an educational setting.
Salary: Educational Support Staff Salary Schedule, Group 3 $14.97– $18.93 per hour DOE
Term: 2019/20 School Year – 9 months full time 35 hours per week
Benefits: This position is eligible for benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance. This also includes access to the employee assistance program and additional benefits: long-term disability insurance, flexible benefits, the North Dakota Public Employee Retirement system, paid holidays, personal leave, sick leave, and emergency leave.
To Apply: Log on to www.applitrack.com/fargo/onlineapp to view current vacancies and complete our online application. For more information or questions please call 701-446-1050 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference. North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability.
The Fargo Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the employer’s premises during non-working hours which is not in direct conflict with the essential business-related interests of the employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for those interested persons who might have differing levels of ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing loss.