JobID 3773 : Custodian (night) (#1984057)
In the Fort Dodge Community School District, we are professional, high-performing team players focused on delivering the best possible learning experience for each one of our 3700 students. We respect diversity, value integrity, reward competitively, celebrate success and support employee growth and development. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people as part of our Dodger family.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Buildings and Grounds and indirect supervision of the Principal, performs general cleaning and maintenance in school buildings and grounds, maintains equipment in functional condition, and provides cleaning and custodial assistance to students, teachers, visitors and others. Performs related duties and general maintenance work as required.
Pay and Hours
- 8 hrs/day, 40 hrs/wk, 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm, 30 min. duty-free lunch.
- Start date: ASAP.
- Fort Dodge Senior High.
- Previous building maintenance or custodial work experience preferred.
- Work closely with teaching staff, with direction by Building Administrator(s) and Director of Buildings and Grounds, or designee.
- Ability to get along with other district staff, students, and the public.
- Physical abilities to meet job requirements and the ability to demonstrate aptitude for successful fulfillment of assigned performance responsibilities.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Assist with the unloading / loading of freight and materials.
- Must be capable of working in extreme temperatures, humid, and dusty environments.
- Must be able to work alone or cooperatively in/with a team setting.
- Nightly building-wide responsibilities include but not limited to: cleaning of specific areas and set-up/tear-down for District athletics/activities & community events.
- Weekend activities may provide overtime opportunities for building custodial/maintenance staff.
- Certification of good health signed by a licensed physician.
- Applicants/bidders must be able to successfully pass a physical demand assessment.
- High School diploma.
- Driver's license at time of appointment and maintenance of said license for the duration of employment.
- Boiler Operator II certification preferred.
|Amount of Time|
|Lift Up to 50 pounds||-||X||-|
|Amount of Time|
Qualified applicants should upload the following materials: Letter of application, application, updated resume including references, transcripts, and copy of license if applicable. Click the Employment link for the application located on the lower left of the District’s homepage www.fdschools.org.
Human Resources Office
Fort Dodge Community Schools
104 South 17th Street
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
It is the policy of the Fort Dodge Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, physical attributes, religion, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, veteran’s status, actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, services, and employment practices. If you have questions or grievances related to this policy, please contact Dr. Stephanie Anderson, Director of Elementary Education, and Dr. Kirsten Doebel, Director of Secondary Education, Central Administration Office, 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501, 574-5678, or contact the Civil Rights Midwestern Division for U. S. Department of Education Office, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-4544. (Alternate for Section 504 is Lynnae Harvey, Director of Special Needs, 574-5675). The District’s Compliance Coordinator for Affirmative Action is Lisa Negus, who can be reached at 574-5657 or 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501. The District’s Designated Investigators of Physical/Sexual Abuse of Students by School Employees are Dr. Stephanie Anderson, Director of Elementary Education, and Dr. Kirsten Doebel, Director of Secondary Education. They can be reached at 576-1161 or 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501. The alternate is Lynnae Harvey. She can be reached at 574-5675 or 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501.The District’s Officers for Harassment Complaints and Allegations are Dr. Stephanie Anderson, Director of Elementary Education, and Dr. Kirsten Doebel, Director of Secondary Education. They can be reached at 576-1161 or 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501.
Fort Dodge Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.