JobID 5162 : Substitute Teacher - Queen Creek- 2018-2019 School Year (#1983003)
Posted 9 days ago
General Position Information
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Teaches Spalding (reading & writing), Saxon Math, Science, and Social Studies, utilizing Spalding course.
- Follows lesson plans and instructional materials and provides direct instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Provides a safe structured environment, focusing on Patriotism and Character Building, using a Positive Discipline Program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities.
- Positively interact with all students.
- Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices that effectively teaches the curriculum.
- Ability to identify individual student needs.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Arizona Employees:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Nevada Employees:
- NV Fingerprint Background Check
- NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA requirements and Department of Education
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
We are also hiring the following positions for 2019-2020 School Year:
1-3rd Grade Teachers
4th Grade Teachers
5th Grade Teachers
6th Grade Teachers
?Junior High Teachers:
7th Grade Teachers
8th Grade Teachers
See another position that interests you? Apply today