JobID 3762 : PART-TIME PARAEDUCATOR 1:1 EMOTIONAL SUPPORT (CENTER-BASED) (#1982644)
Status: Part Time
Schedule: 5.50 Hours/Day (9:00 am-2:30 pm) Monday-Friday 185 Days/Year
Minimum Salary: $13.72
To view a description of IU13 classrooms & other student services, click here: http://www.iu13.org/employment/explore-our-classrooms/
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The personal care assistant / 1:1 Paraeducator is assigned to provide instructional, behavioral and personal care support as outlined in the student’s Individual Education Plan. The assistant will be directed by the classroom teacher and is under the general supervision of the designated program supervisor.
The assignment of the Personal Care Assistant/1:1 Paraeducator is for a school year and could terminate at any time, based on student placement or needs.
- High School Diploma or GED, and
- Hold a PA Paraeducator Credential of Competency Certificate (or be willing to complete the FREE online program within 6 months of hire date), or
- Completed a minimum of 48 post secondary credits in ANY content area, or
- Completed associate degree or higher in ANY content area, and
- Willing to complete 20 hours of staff development each school year
As required by the PA Department of Education: Each school year, provide evidence of 20 hours of staff development activities related to position. Pro-ration will apply based on date of hire within the school year.