JobID 845 : Data/Systems Manager (#1982342)
JOB TITLE: Data/Systems Manager
LOCATION: Administration Office
WORK YEAR: 260 work days, 8 hours/day, Monday – Friday
WORK STATUS: Classified, Full-Time Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Assessment, Accountability and Technology
At Sheridan School District we are committed to providing safe, smart, and happy schools for students and their families. We believe that the best way to support students achieve their college or career goals starts with creating an environment that centers on the needs of our children, creates belonging, values each individual, and sets high expectations for all. Apply now to join the Sheridan School District family and community.
Sheridan School District actively seeks a Data/Systems Manager. The Data/Systems Manager will sit on a team of experts that provide technology support, enhance the use of technology in the classroom, oversee student assessment and accountability systems, conduct data analysis, and present data. This position was established for the purposes of ensuring seamless software integration, developing a district data warehouse, completing state and federal reporting, and training district staff on the student information system. This position will be supervised by the Director of Assessment and Technology. In this position, the Data/Systems Manager will lead, develop, support, and maintain all employee and student information systems and software applications to support instructional and operational decision making and ensure accurate reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, design, integrate and maintain all computer applications, including specialized applications specific to various district program needs
- Evaluate complex system's production readiness and supportability
- Perform system integration, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture
- System thinker that will perform complex system problem identification and resolution
- Work with appropriate product supplier for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house
- Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning
- Participate in meetings, workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Design, manage, schedule, and document data processing activities, resolutions, and analyses
- Provide data, conduct data analysis, and develop reports for improved decision making
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. staff, administrators, school site personnel, outside vendors and service providers, etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance, advice and support.
- Serves as a technical resource to department and district staff for the purpose of providing information and/or advice regarding active or planned projects.
- Develop and train on data quality management solutions
- Coordinate and maintain the district’s student information system, call out system, online registration and verification of student and staff data for state and federal reporting
- Train and provide technical support for district staff on use of student information system
- Performs other duties as assigned.
B.S./B.A. in related field required
Licenses or Certification
Knowledge and Skills
Must have the ability to lead and execute on projects; facilitate group discussions and trainings; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: use of relational databases to query data, database architecture, SSMS/IS/RS, creating ETL packages, SQL scripting, experience with a Student Information Systems such as Infinite Campus or PowerSchool.
- Is flexible and adaptable to change.
- Works collaboratively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Manages up appropriately.
- Customer service mindset.
- Maintains a positive, solutions oriented attitude.
- Places the needs of the students first.
- Observes all district policies and procedures.
- Supports the Sheridan School District Strategic Plan.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. This type of work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods. Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Must clear online background check and FBI Fingerprint check through Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
Salary placement is between $70,000 - $90,000 and is based upon previous related experience.
Employees who are scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week are eligible to obtain district benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and supplemental benefits. Positions that qualify for benefits also qualify for leave which could include vacation and daily leave to be determined by the position and number of days assigned. Sheridan School District No. 2 is a public employer and participates in the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA). All employees are required by state statute to contribute 8.75% of salary on a pre-tax basis to PERA. The District contributes 20.4%.
All interested and qualified applicants must complete an online application at www.ssd2.org. Incomplete applications and resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position will close once the vacancy has been filled.