JobID 5160 : Organizational Health and Development Specialist (#1981547)
Do you have a passion for helping people through change? Do you want to design and drive programs that will leave a legacy of excellence in an organization that changes lives through education? The Organizational Health and Development (OHD) Specialist will support and enable Vertex’s transformation through the daily oversight and execution of organizational health and development strategies. This role will have a direct impact on driving organizational success and enabling the success and growth of others while supporting the strategic priorities of the organization and the Organizational Health team. This is an opportunity to work in many areas of talent management, employee development, change management, talent planning, and employee engagement programs while directly influencing, creating, and executing on the people strategies that will ensure Vertex becomes and remains an employer of choice.
Change Management and Communications
- Execute Change Management plans and strategies in support of Vertex’s and OHD’s strategic plans.
- Coordinate and/or compile change management communications, including written communications, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Create, maintain, evolve and manage change management communication tools and mechanisms.
- Coordinate internal communications related to people-facing programs that align with the company culture and business objectives.
Learning & Development
- Design and develop learning material in support of the leader development programs.
- Design and develop other learning material as needed in support of Vertex’s strategy and/or OHD strategy.
- Design and develop the onboarding learning material and support onboarding efforts as needed, including serving as an onboarding coordinator as needed.
Integrated Talent Management
- Work with the HR Leadership to integrate and maintain the Vertex’s competency model into Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, L&D, Succession Planning, Career Planning, etc.
- Drive employee related initiatives to enhance the employee experience and to support employee engagement.
- Maintain performance management processes to enhance and ensure clarity of performance measurement and conversations
Employee Engagement and Culture
- Support culture and engagement initiatives from delivering surveys to executing engagement and culture enhancing programs
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Project Management, Instructional Design, and Change Management experience preferred
- Familiarity with Korn Ferry competency modeling a plus
- College Degree preferred
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Written Communication
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Comfort with Ambiguity
- Interpersonal Savvy
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.
- Local and instate travel required.
1. This position changes lives through education by
a. Driving the success of programs and strategies that enable the scalable growth of Legacy Traditional Schools to enable the system to reach more lives and expand our reach and growth
2. This position will display our core values in the following ways:
a. Innovative mind: Championing change, identifying ways to evolve and grow, continuously
seeking to create the new and different strategies that differentiate us in our market and
b. Hungry heart: Seeking new ways to contribute, grow, and make a difference
through collaboration and learning while always demonstrating curiosity and agility
c. Engaging spirit: Modeling collaboration and ownership while creating and maintaining a
personal brand of being approachable, agile and service oriented
3. How does this position provide:
a. Exceptional service? Timely execution of plans and programs to meet the needs of
the management company (Vertex) and our clients (Legacy)
b. Value people? High-touch service and collaboration
c. Grow smart? Innovating and creating while always looking to the future and creating
cutting edge solutions and programs
Our Core Purpose: Why Do We Exist?
We change lives through education.
Our Core Values: How Do We Behave?
The three core values below are guiding principles for our internal conduct.
- Innovative Mind: innate curiosity, creativity, and drive to improve
- Hungry Heart: hard-working, passionate, and self-motivated
- Engaging Spirit: kind, humble, and dynamic
Our Business Definition: What Do We Do?
We manage and expand schools by providing academic, business, and development services.
Our Strategic Anchors: How Will We Succeed?
We will succeed by delivering exceptional service, growing smart, and valuing people.