JobID 993 : Long Term Substitute Teacher - DYS Northeast Region - Lowell (#1981224)
The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) seeks a long term substitute teacher to teach at-risk adolescents in residential facilities run by the Northeast Region of the Department of Youth Services. This 2 month assignment, with an anticipated start date of 2/24/20, is based in Lowell MA. This is an excellent opportunity to experience teaching in an alternative setting in which you can make a difference in the life of a young person. We hope you will join us in this rewarding work!
Who We Are: Dedicated and collaborative educators committed to supporting an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to succeed. Our educators help students see their world, and themselves, in a new light.
We value: Cutting-edge and culturally responsive instruction, which builds on student strengths. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do… together!
This is you:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or a MA teacher license; Math and/or Science background a plus.
- You have a passion for teaching, or have taught, youth who have been placed at risk.
- You welcome an opportunity to teach small, personalized classes which focus on academic and behavioral success.
- Temporarily provide effective high quality, direct educational instruction to youth assigned to DYS.
- Participate and implement effective instructional strategies and research based curriculum.
- Provide substitute teaching instruction, which may involve traveling between locations.