JobID 2104 : Interpreter I at Northpoint Elementary School - Long Term Substitute (#1980377)
NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted: January 9, 2020
Position Title: Interpreter I - Long Term Substitute
Assignment: D/HH Services, Northpoint Elementary School
Hours: 7 hours/day (Monday - Friday, 8:45 am - 4:15 pm)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP through end of 2019 - 2020 school year
Interprets and translates spoken language using American Sign Language or other appropriate manual sign system to provide appropriate educational benefits for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students. Facilitates communication between hearing and Deaf/Hard of Hearing individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets lectures, discussions, announcements, conversations, events, and other spoken word situations using manual sign system appropriate for the language and cultural background of Deaf/Hard of Hearing students.
- Accurately interprets Deaf/Hard of Hearing students' signs, words, and speech for other students, faculty, and staff where necessary and according to the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Works with teachers to gain understanding of relevant concepts to better facilitate translation for deaf/hard of hearing students according to the student's IEP.
- Maintains current and accurate data required for students' files and IEP. Participates in AED/IEP meetings, teacher/parent conferences, or other meetings as appropriate.
- Communicates with local school staff regarding student's progress, abilities, and modifications as appropriate.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires successful completion of an interpreter training program, one to three years of work experience, and eligible to take certification tests, i.e NIC or EIPA.
Commitment to Equity
At Northeast Metro 916, equity means that everyone has access to what they need in order to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more, click here.
Northeast Metro 916 will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.