JobID 329 : Behavior Coach Grades K-5th 2020-2021 SY (#1977801)
Posted 13 days ago
POSITION TITLE: Behavior Coach
- State of AZ teaching certificate and/or BCBA certification
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Masters Degree
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as Paragon may find appropriately acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal and Exceptional Student Services Director
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Principal, Master Teachers, Mentor Teachers, and Career Teachers
COORDINATES: Assigned Team
JOB GOAL: To collaborate with teachers and school staff to provide classroom and school-wide behavior management strategies, coordinate Functional Assessments of Behavior and Behavior Intervention Plans that address students’ behavior, and provide a means to help the students become more academically successful.
- Provide function-based intervention planning for developing behavior change strategies that focuses on reducing problem behavior and increasing more appropriate behavior
- Assist staff in: defining and measuring behavior; understanding principles of reinforcement; teaching new behavior; implementing strategies for weakening behavior; and identifying antecedents.
- Facilitate team meetings that: design Behavior Intervention Plans; address classroom organization, effective instruction, social skills instruction, and ethical issues; School-wide Positive Behavioral Support; and factors that affect effectiveness including social validity and treatment integrity.
- Facilitate team meetings with the identified student’s teachers and parents for the purpose of completing a Functional Behavioral Assessment.
- Provide professional development that targets research, strategies and modeling of instructional practices to support teachers in their implementation of positive behavior support in their classrooms.
- Attend and/or facilitate meetings (504/Conferences/IEP), as needed, to support teams to problem solve concerns regarding behavior
- Obtain and maintain Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Prevention Instructor Certification and provide yearly training for all staff
- Other appropriate responsibilities as deemed necessary by Paradise Schools
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 197 days per year. Hours normally 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
EVALUATION: At least annually by the Principal and ESS Director