JobID 12279 : Lunch/Playground Monitor - 2 vacancies (#1974676)
Internal consideration is given until 3:30pm on January 14, 2020.
Position: Lunchroom/Playground Monitor (2 positions)
Work Schedule: 2.25 hrs/day, Monday - Friday (11:15 am - 1:30 pm or 11:00 am - 1:15 pm)
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: Starting pay is $14.47 - $15.85 per hour dependent on qualifications
Benefits: This is not a benefit eligible position.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prior experience working with school-aged youth
- Monitor the cafeteria, playground, and/or other common areas utilized over the lunch period (including classrooms and the gym when utilized for indoor recess)
- Escort students as needed to/from the office, nurse’s office, etc.
- Recognize an escalating/emergency situation, call for help, and defuse/assist with the situation until help arrives
- Address and problem solve concerns that are observed or brought forward
- Perform light first aid as needed
- Identify and report students who leave the building without prior authorization
- Assist Building Engineer/Custodian with limited cleaning functions such as wiping off lunch tables, mopping up spills, picking up trash, etc.
- Maintain communication with other staff members via two-way radio
- Other related duties as assigned