JobID 5399 : Transportation School Buses l Parapro (#1972520)
Responsible for assisting the Bus Driver in maintaining the safety, behavior, and well-being of students getting on and off the bus and while in route; providing focused assistance to students with special needs and health issues while being transported; and assisting with students in the event of an emergency.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience required.
- Experience with children with special needs preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Required to maintain current First Aid/CPR certification during course of employment in this position
- May need to complete coursework or pass appropriate test to comply with NCLB standards as a requirement for continued employment.
- Maintain CPI Certificate in a Verbal Intervention Group.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic reading and math skills and comprehension.
- Ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Physically capable to perform job requirements.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating knowledge of wheelchairs, wheelchair restraints, wheelchair lifts, and two-way radio required within 1 week after hire.
SAFETY TO SELF AND OTHERS:
- Recognizes the importance of safety in the workplace, follows safety rules, practices safe work habits, and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours per week (During the school year), with the opportunity to earn more hours, summer work is also available, and includes a benefit package.
Starting Salary of $14.50 per hour.