JobID 2913 : "Anticipated" Health Clerk (#1972460)
POSITION: "Anticipated" Health Clerk (WHS) Grade 2 37.5 hrs Effective: January 17, 2020
ASSIGNMENT: 10 Month
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This is work involving the performance of general clerical duties in support of the health office. There is/may be considerable contact with staff, students, parents, and/or the general public, which requires the ability to deal with people in a courteous and tactful manner. An employee in this position works within clearly established systems and procedures, must exhibit organizational skills and exercise independent judgment and confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have knowledge of computers, office practices, procedures and office equipment.
- Must organize workflow of health office services.
- Must assemble and organize data and prepare reports from records.
- Must move frequently from workstation to various other areas of building.
- Must have physical ability to lift/move supplies, materials,and office equipment.
- Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills and communicate both in person and over the telephone clearly and distinctly with students, staff, parents and the general public.
- Must project a positive image of the district to the public, parents, staff and students, as well as exhibit a good employee attitude.
- Must have possession of a valid Red Cross First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/AED Certificate.
1. Assists nurse in:
- providing first aid services to students as needed
- responding effectively in emergency situations
- providing and retrieving support equipment to injured students/staff
- establishing, organizing and maintaining student health and emergency records including daily logs and accident reports
- assisting with student registration to include up-to-date immunization verification and proper medical forms
- performing accurate record keeping of daily health procedures/services requested by students into Student Information System
- operating computerized data base programs and other standard office programs and equipment
- providing efficient and professional telephone services
- assisting with material and supply inventory and distribution
- preparing for staff wellness activities
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online.
Click on the Red "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.