JobID 5061 : Cook- Phoenix- 2019-2020 School Year (#1972367)
Posted 16 days ago
General Position Information
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal, Campus Food Service Manager
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
The role of a cook is to prepare Main Event items from our monthly menus. Product date marking and help put food orders away along with assisting in daily operations as needed in kitchen.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Food Services Staff is responsible for monitoring individual Critical Control Points (CCPs) in the handling and preparation of food.
- Food Service staff is responsible for monitoring control points as defined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Food temping, hand washing, sanitizing buckets etc.
- Follow instructions from campus Food Services Manager, District Food Services Manager or Food Services Director.
- Professional appearance.
- Prepares Main Event Menu items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen manager.
- Assist Kitchen Manager on weekly orders
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Serves meals as required.
- Operates all kitchen equipment.
- Help clean up after lunch, wiping counters, salad bar, dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, etc.
- Prep for next day.
- Cater on half-days for staff lunches when requested.
- Help provide meals for LKC on ½ Days & Teacher-In-Service Days/Conference Days – If requested
- Help provide meals for LKC during Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer Break – If requested
- Prepare catering items during regular work day, unless otherwise instructed by District Food Services Manager or Food Services Director.
- Help the Manager date, mark and put away deliveries using the FIFO method.
- Set-up a few tables for breakfast and clean tables when breakfast is done.
- Help Facilities set-up tables for lunch (Not required to clean or break down tables after lunch).
- Deep Cleaning Days – 4 Per Year (Mandatory)
- Maintains cooperative relationship with school administration.
- Attends campus staff meetings, special functions, in-services as required.
- Food Handler’s Certificate/card.
- Non-slip or slip resistant shoes required for the job.
- Positively interact with all staff.
- Create a safe environment that is conducive to learning.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- High School Diploma required
- Able to meet the physical demands - lifting 40-50 lbs.; ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Food Handler’s Certificate/card
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card or NV Fingerprint Background Check (if applicable)
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Previous prep cook or cooking experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom,; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.