JobID 1350 : Coweta Public Schools Athletic Director (#1967900)
COWETA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
The following position is open for application at this time and will remain open until filled:
Coweta Public Schools
JOB TITLE: Athletic Director
QUALIFICATIONS: A valid Oklahoma Teaching Certificate is required. At least 3 years successful experience in Secondary school administration and coaching or equivalent experience and training is preferred.
CONTRACT: 12 Months
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
EVALUATED BY: Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Coaches and Athletic Staff
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and administers the overall program of extracurricular athletics for the district.
- Selects, assigns and evaluates the athletic coaches and staff members.
- Schedules all interscholastic athletic events.
- Hires officials, security, trainers, game workers and ambulance services as required for home athletic events.
- Attends as many home and away events as possible.
- Arranges for transportation for athletic contest participants.
- Develops and places into operation appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletics activities.
- Prepares and administers the athletic program budget.
- Supervises the individual Sports Activity Accounts.
- Supervises all ticket sales.
- Check the availability and schedules the non-school use of athletic fields and facilities.
- Administers the insurance program covering school athletes and assumes responsibility for all processing of reports and claims.
- Serves as mediator for coaches and administration, coaches and parents and coaches and patrons.
- Arranges the physical examination of all athletes prior to the beginning of each school year.
- Maintains a file of all athletes’ current physical examination.
- Works with athletic booster clubs.
- Maintains an inventory of equipment for each program.
- Keeps records of results of athletic contests and award winners.
- Promotes Coweta athletic programs.
- Maintains and promotes good relations with other schools and the OSSAA.
- Supervises the administration of athlete academic eligibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.